Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Has It Been So Long??

5 months???  Has it really been 5 months???  Geeze, how the time flies!!!!

Well, updates on us!  The kids are getting SO very big, especially the twins!!!  I need new pictures, and I actually have a camera now, but...  it's out of batteries.  And lost.  Again.  But I'm working on it, promise!!!

DH has decided to change our curriculum up a bit, I'll be working on updating the links really soon!  Not that I don't ADORE Rod and Staff, 'cause I so very much do!!!  But, he heard a story about using a Classical curriculum with living books, and really feels led to use that.  SO... everything's being overhauled!!!

For math, we've moved to Ray's Arithmetic.

Handwriting is now going to be Spencerian Penmanship (heaven help me...).

Spelling is McGuffey's Eclectic Speller.

Reading and Phonics are Pathways Readers.

Science is still Apologia's Exploring Creation through Astronomy.

Grammer is Primary Language Lessons.

Social Studies, Health, and Music are still Rod and Staff.
In addition to all of that, we're planning on teaching the kids Latin and New Testament Greek.  We'll be using Hey, Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek! and Prima Latina.  We'll also be using the Geography, History, Literature, and Bible outlines from the Classical Christian Homeschooling site.  That's really going to be our "backbone" for the rest of this school year.

We're so excited to get started!!!  I will say that, so far, our time has really been cut down, due to less "busy work."  The kids really like that.  Mommy thinks that's not so shabby, either. ;)

I'm going to try to get some pictures up and update the links tonight.  At the moment, mommy duties call. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment